Sunday, July 20, 2008

TWENTY-TWO SELF EXAMINATION QUESTIONS

TWENTY-TWO SELF EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am
better than I really am?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggered.
3. Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I self-concious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give it time to speak to me every day?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the
Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize hold a
ressentement toward or dispise?
21. Do I grumble or complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?
These are the 22 questions the members of the Holy Club, to which JOHN
WESLEY belonged, asked themselves each day as a part of their daily
devotions.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Rebecca, Your blog is on my side bar under Homemakers. I'm currently putting all those outside the US on an international section. Would it be alright if I put yours there? Right now, your blog is in the US section.

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky,

There is nothing like the truth to set us in the right path!

Thank you for sharing,

mari

Sharon said...

Becky,
I really liked this. I've read a lot of John Wesley's sermons online and it's amazing how far the Methodists have gotten away from how Mr. Wesley started it. For that matter, how far the modern church as a whole has gotten away from true fellowship with God!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

I really like this...maybe I share it on my blog. We always need challenging encouragement in front of us, don't you agree?

Many blessings...

Becky said...

Of course, Mrs June, you can share it on your blog.
You are right, we do need some encouragement.
God bless
Becky